To-do: grants, awards, etc.
It’s that time of year: when the masters deign to grant a paltry few with some scraps and pennies in pursuit of all the vast realms of knowledge, which rightly should be our collective heritage and right as part of humanity. Or in which they give us a pat on the back for a job well done, which we can at least put on our CVs.
Which is to say, here are some pertinent things we archivists, librarians, students, and researchers might apply for.
- SAA Diversity Award. Recognizing an individual or institution for promoting & supporting diversity. Apply by Feb 28.
- J. Franklin Jameson Archival Advocacy Award. Honoring individuals, institutions or organizations. You get a plaque! Apply by Feb 28.
- SAA Mosaic Scholarship. Financial & mentoring support for archives students of color. $5,000. Apply by Feb 28.
- Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library travel grant. For research into their African American & African diaspora archival holdings. Up to $1,500. Apply by Jan 23.
- Case Western Reserve Center for Popular Music Studies research grant. For research at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. $2,000. Apply by Jan 26.
- Latin American & Caribbean Collection at the University of Florida travel grants. Up to $1,000. Apply by Feb 16.
- Penn State research grants. $1,500. Apply by Feb 27.
- The Dorothy Foehr Huck Research Travel Award: Supports one award for researchers using any collection from the Special Collections Library.
- The Helen F. Faust Women Writers Research Travel Awards: Supports two awards for researchers working on a project including women writers.
- The Albert M. Petska Eighth Air Force Archives Research Travel Award: supports one award for researchers working on a project pertaining to history of the Eighth Air Force during World War II.
- Theodore Calvin Pease Award. For an outstanding grad student research paper. $100. Apply by Feb 28.
- Greenleaf Visiting Library Scholar Program. At the Latin American & Iberian Institute at the University of New Mexico, especially use of their manuscript collection. $6,000 & $2,000. Apply by Mar 31.
- CUNY Dominican Studies Institute summer research travel award. For those who wishing to use the DSI’s unique resources. $3,000. Apply by Mar 16.